2018 - 2019 Budget Information
Katonah-Lewisboro School District’s annual budget vote and school board member election is held on the third Tuesday in May. For the current school year, the date is May 15, 2018. Registered voters may vote on propositions placed on the ballot for the 2018-2019 school year and on Board of Education members. There are two Board of Education seats whose terms expires on June 30, 2018.
The polls are open from 6:00 am until 9:00 pm. A post card will be mailed to all registered voters prior to the annual school district vote and election informing you of your polling location.
Voter Registration Information:
In order to vote in the Katonah-Lewisboro School District’s Annual Budget Vote and Election on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, you must be a registered voter.
Last day for registration is Thursday, May 10, 2018. You may register in person with Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. There will be a special voter registration scheduled for Saturday, May 5, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the District Office.
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years old by May 15, 2018 (the date of the election)
- be a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to May 15, 2018
- be a registered voter
- be registered with either the school district (to vote in school district elections ONLY) or
- be registered with Westchester County Board of Elections (to vote in ALL elections). If you have previously registered to vote, but have not voted in either a school district or general election in the last four years, you must re-register to vote.
Prospective School Board Candidate Packets Available
Prospective Board of Education Candidate Packets are available for community members interested in running for a vacant seat on the Katonah-Lewisboro School Board of Education. Candidate packets can be obtained from Ms. Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk, at the District Office located at 60 North Salem Road, Cross River, New York, Monday – Friday during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Katonah-Lewisboro School District Board of Education will have two (2) trustee vacancies to be voted on during the May 15, 2018 Annual School Election and Vote. A trustee’s term on the school board runs for three years.
Each candidate must properly file a nominating petition with the District Clerk in order for his or her name to appear on the ballot for the Annual School Election and Vote. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is Monday, April 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Westchester-Putnam School Boards Association will host a workshop for Prospective School Board Members on Thursday, April 12, 2018. Details on the workshop will be provided in the Prospective School Board Candidate Packets.
Special Voter Registration to be held on Saturday, May 5, 2018
The Katonah-Lewisboro School District will hold a Special Voter Registration as follows:
Saturday, May 5, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
60 North Salem Road
Cross River, NY 10518
The District Office is located around the left side of the High School. The entrance to the District Office is up the set of wooden stairs.
Members of the community will be able to register to vote with the School District, drop off absentee ballots and obtain absentee ballot applications.
You are already registered to vote if:
- You are a District resident and registered with Westchester County, or
- You have voted in a school district election within the last 4 years.
If you are not registered you may:
- Register to vote with Westchester County, which will allow a resident to vote in any school district/county vote or election.
- Register at any of the schools between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or with the District Clerk, which will allow a resident to vote only in school district votes or elections. (Personal Registration)
High School Students:
If you are 18 years old and have not yet registered, you may do so by visiting Ms. Barbara Semenetz in the John Jay High School Principal’s Office Monday – Friday during the school day.
The last day for personal registration is Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are unsure if you are a registered voter or which elementary school your polling location is please follow the link to Katonah-Lewisboro’s Poll Place Finder at https://es.findmypollplace.com/KatonahLewisboroUFSD/
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk at 914-763-7020 or e-mail at email@example.com
Katonah-Lewisboro Annual Budget Vote and Election Poll Place Finder
If you are unsure if you are a registered voter or which elementary school your polling location is please follow the link to Katonah-Lewisboro’s Poll Place Finder at https://es.findmypollplace.com/KatonahLewisboroUFSD/. You may also contact Kimberly Monzon, District Clerk, at (914) 763-7020 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.