Friday, February 16, is a School Day
Friday, February 16, is the District's first Weather Reserve Day. Because of the loss of power and schools being closed on Monday, October 30, school will be in session on February 16.
Safety on the bus begins before the ride on the bus. Basic rules are a necessity to maintain the safety and efficiency of the transportation system.
* Be at your bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. Weather or adverse road conditions on a daily basis affect the buses arrival time. Being at the bus stop before the buses arrival ensures that no student will miss the bus and that the student will not be running after the bus to catch it.
* Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop and the flashing yellow warning lights have turned to flashing red lights to indicate the bus has stopped and ready to receive its passengers.
* Take your seat quickly and remain seated until the bus has come to a complete stop at your destination. Standing on the bus is a danger to all and could cause injury to the student and to others on the bus.
* The Bus Driver is in charge on the bus and should be given courtesy, respect and your full cooperation. The Bus Driver is in charge on the bus and may assign seats if necessary.
* Be courteous on the bus; do not use profane or other inappropriate language or comments or gestures. Fighting, smoking and throwing articles around in the bus and throwing articles out of the bus is not acceptable.
* No eating or drinking is allowed on the bus.
* Show respect for others on the bus.
* Do not leave trash on the bus, help keep it clean.
* Do not use cell phones on the bus.
* Observe the same behavior on the bus as you would in a classroom.
Additionally do not bring on the buses any animals or large items. All carry ons, including back packs, musical instruments and school projects, should be of the size that can be held on a students lap.
Please note that riding on the school bus is a privilege. Everyone’s cooperation is needed to ensure the safety and efficiency of the transportation system. Everyone is entitled to a safe and pleasant ride to and from school.